Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Nature´s sounds

Hi!!


Do you like birdsongs?? Well, I do, makes me feel relax, and apparently some scientist think that the birdsong have benefits for the people. So, I am going to tell about a new of “The guardian” called “Scientists to study psychological benefits of birdsong”.


It claims that Eleanor Ratcliffe is the researcher undertaking of a project will explore the impact of birdsong on creativity and sense of wellbeing. It will to be explored in a tree year research project at the University of Surrey.


She says that will examine the psychology impact of being exposed to birdsongs, and for that she will first interview at representative sample of the general public to understand how people perceive natural sounds and whether birdsong does, and will later recruit subjects through social media and examine the effect of birdsong on their brains and behavior, including testing to explore if have the same impact as listening to birdsongs in different places.


It also states that environmental psychology is looking how the natural world affects people, because anecdotal evidence suggests that we respond positively.
I choose these because in psychology is important help people to feel good, and think that the results of this research will able to use, for example, in relaxing therapy. So, I hope to read about the results soon, because I want know what songs are more effectives to relax me when I am stress and also want know how help other people to relaxing.


Here is the link so you can read the full new:


See you!!

2 comments:

  1. Deni!... I've also made a review about an article related to birds :)
    I'm really surprised about it, I would have never thought to study the effects of nature sounds, even when sounds and music, generally, have many effects in frame of mind.
    It's a very interesting article, I loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deni!

    What article most interesting! What wonderful is the nature!! I believe that I will need this relaxing therapy for de-stress when I finish the semester !!

    See you!

    ReplyDelete